Modules Matali Content
Overview of Matali Content module
Matali Content is an advanced, modern, multi-platform, high-performance content management engine. Matali Content is a part of Matali Physics environment.
• Reading data from a file • Reading data from memory • Saving data to a file • Saving data to memory • Multi-threaded resource reading • Multi-threaded resource saving
Specializations For Matali Render
• Calculation of normal maps in tangent space • Calculation of height maps for height mapping (parallax mapping)
Specializations For Matali Synth
• Converting data from DLS (level 1 and 2) files to Matali Synth Bank format • Multilevel filtering of instruments and their regions • Built-in audio data upsampler supporting various types of data interpolation • Calculation of MIDI song duration • Data statistics
Supported file formats [load] Generic binary files Generic text files BMP WAV Matali Physics Bank (MPHB) Matali Physics Music (MPHM) Supported file formats [save] Generic binary files Generic text files BMP (uncompressed) WAV (uncompressed) Matali Physics Bank (MPHB) Matali Physics Music (MPHM) Supported file formats [import] DAE (COLLADA meshes) DLS (Downloadable Sounds Level 1 and 2) SMF (Standard MIDI Files): MID, MIDI, KAR, RMI
Supported platforms Android 10 (API level 29) and higher Android TV 10 (API level 29) and higher *BSD (mainly FreeBSD 12.2 and higher) iOS 14 and higher iPadOS 14 and higher Linux (distributions) macOS 11 Big Sur and higher Steam Deck tvOS 14 and higher UWP Desktop UWP Xbox Series X/S Windows 11 Windows 10 Platforms Available as Steam Deck, UWP, Windows Compiled static library (.lib) Android, Android TV, *BSD, iOS, iPadOS, Linux, macOS, Steam Deck, tvOS Compiled static library (.a) Supported types of activity Android Native Activity
Frequently asked questions
- Can I import my triangle meshes created in Blender into Matali Physics?
- Of course, Matali Content offers complete import of triangle meshes from Collada (.dae) format as well as Collada XML API, through which you can write your own importer. The Collada format is supported by Blender.
- Can I import any type of SMF 1.x file and play music from it on any platform supported by the environment?
- Yes. Matali Content imports all types/formats of Standard MIDI Files 1.x into our internal format from which the music is then played with Matali Synth.
- Can I import selected instruments from a DLS bank?
- Yes, and also selected instrument regions.
- Does Matali Content support floating point data in the WAV files?
- Yes, from version 6.0.