Modules Matali Synth
Overview of Matali Synth module
Matali Synth is an advanced, modern, multi-platform, high-performance software sound synthesizer. Matali Synth is a part of Matali Physics environment.
Real-Time Software Sound Synthesis
Digital audio engine partsSupport Digital oscillator Articulation unit Digitally controlled filter Digitally controlled amplifier Special effects unit Additional output amplifier and limiter • Real-time, high-quality digital audio engine based on a combination of various sound synthesis methods • Completely dynamic, malleable, changeable over time and according to situation musical arrangements • 32-bit floating point processing • Includes digital oscillator, articulation unit, digitally controlled filter, digitally controlled amplifier, special effects unit, additional output amplifier and limiter • Forms software sound processors that ensure a similar experience on all hardware and are dedicated to specific applications • Sound banks in Matali Synth Bank format (other sound bank formats are converted to Matali Synth Bank format using Matali Content) • Support for pitch and volume regions of sound instruments • Advanced multi-layered sound instruments with mixed mono and stereo layers as well as with mixed mono and stereo waveforms • Professional quality proVitamin sound bank under the licence from PinkNoise Stúdió company. According to the license agreement between Komires Sp. z o.o. and PinkNoise Stúdió each licensed user of Matali Physics can use proVitamin sound bank attached to Matali Physics SDK in commercial games created with Matali Physics SDK without any additional fees and royalties
Loop typesSupport No loop Forward loop Loop and release • Mono and stereo waveforms as input data • Mono or stereo waveform as output data • Fast, linear interpolation • Support for loop points within the waveforms • Reaction to changes in pitch • Support for panning • Integrated part of software sound processors
Envelope generator stagesSupport Delay Attack Hold Decay Sustain Release • Articulation based on low frequency oscillators (LFOs) and time counters • Programmable volume envelope generator (DAHDSR) • Programmable frequency envelope generator (DAHDSR) • Programmable modulation (LFO) • Programmable vibrato (LFO) • Programmable tremolo (LFO) • Programmable portamento • Integrated part of software sound processors
Digitally Controlled Filter
• Two-pole low-pass filter • Dynamically controlled cutoff frequency • Programmable resonance • Cooperation with other parts of the digital audio engine • Cooperation with external controllers • Integrated part of software sound processors
Digitally Controlled Amplifier
• Scaled in dB units • Cooperation with other parts of the digital audio engine, especially with the articulation unit • Digital oscillator signal amplitude modulation • Global and local volume control • Integrated part of software sound processors
Special Effects Unit
• Programmable, high-quality reverb with a custom, fast algorithm developed by Komires engineers for Matali Physics • Integrated part of software sound processors
Additional Output Amplifier And Limiter
• Percentage scaling the amplitude of the output signal • Limiting the amplitude of the output signal enabling its compression • Integrated part of software sound processors
Software MIDI Processors
Standard SpecificationSupport General MIDI [GM] General MIDI 2 [GM2] Yamaha EXtended General MIDI [XG] Roland General Standard [GS] • Support for many standard specifications • Support for MIDI 1.0 messages • Support for 7-bit controllers • Support for 14-bit controllers • Support for channel mode messages • Support for all four modes of work (Omni + Mono/Poly) • Support for "Multi Mode" where more than one Basic Channel may be configured • Support for parameter settings as well as parameter decrementation and incrementation • Support for registered parameter numbers (RPNs) • Support for selected non-registered parameter numbers (NRPNs) • Support for selected system exclusive messages: universal realtime messages, universal non-realtime messages, GS messages and XG messages • Support for selected meta messages • Advanced management of multiple playing notes and effects • Support for zero-length notes • Advanced tuning of the entire song or selected MIDI channels. Amazing special effects through real-time tuning support • Built-in MIDI sequencer accepting tracks from Standard MIDI Files (SMF) imported by Matali Content • Unlimited number of software MIDI processors • Each MIDI processor renders MIDI messages to programmable length buffers. The resulting data can be saved to a WAV file or used for streaming • Each MIDI processor provides control over looping of tracks, including setting the delay time before the next loop • Each MIDI processor can process multiple tracks (it is not required to merge them all into one). Each track can be modified in real time while the song is playing (it is possible to synthesize tracks in real time) MIDI 1.0 MessagesStatus ByteSupport Note Off 8xh Note On 9xh Polyphonic Key Pressure Axh Control Change Bxh Program Change Cxh Channel Pressure Dxh Pitch Bend Change Exh System Exclusive (SOX) F0h [selected] End of Exclusive (EOX) F7h Meta FFh [selected] 7-Bit Controllers Controller NumberSupport Damper Pedal on/off (Sustain) 40h Portamento On/Off 41h Sostenuto On/Off 42h Soft Pedal On/Off 43h Legato Footswitch 44h Hold 2 45h Sound Variation 46h Timbre/Harmonic Intensity 47h Release Time 48h Attack Time 49h Brightness 4Ah Decay Time 4Bh Vibrato Rate 4Ch Vibrato Depth 4Dh Vibrato Delay 4Eh Portamento Control 54h High Resolution Velocity Prefix 58h Reverb Send Level 5Bh Tremolo Depth 5Ch Chorus Send Level 5Dh Celeste [Detune] Depth 5Eh Phaser Depth 5Fh 14-Bit Controllers Controller NumberSupport Bank Select 00h, 20h Modulation Wheel or Lever 01h, 21h Breath Controller 02h, 22h Foot Controller 04h, 24h Portamento Time 05h, 25h Data Entry 06h, 26h Channel Volume, formerly Main Volume 07h, 27h Balance 08h, 28h Pan 0Ah, 2Ah Expression Controller 0Bh, 2Bh Channel Mode Messages Controller NumberSupport All Sound Off 78h Reset All Controllers 79h All Notes Off 7Bh Omni Mode Off 7Ch Omni Mode On 7Dh Mono Mode On 7Eh Poly Mode On 7Fh RPN Parameter NumberSupport Pitch Bend Sensitivity 0000h Channel Fine Tuning 0001h Channel Coarse Tuning 0002h Roland GS NRPN Parameter NumberSupport Drum Instrument Pitch Coarse #0 - #127 0c00h - 0c7fh Drum Instrument Panpot #0 - #127 0e00h - 0e7fh Universal Realtime MessagesSub-id #1Sub-id #2Support Master Volume 04h 01h Master Fine Tuning 04h 03h Master Coarse Tuning 04h 04h Scale/Octave Tuning, 1 byte format 08h 08h Universal Non-Realtime MessagesSub-id #1Sub-id #2Support Scale/Octave Tuning, 1 byte format 08h 08h General MIDI 1 System On 09h 01h General MIDI System Off 09h 02h General MIDI 2 System On 09h 03h Turn DLS On 0ah 01h Turn DLS Off 0ah 02h GS MessagesSupport GS Reset Exit GS Mode Channel Type Change Master Volume Master Fine Tuning Master Coarse Tuning Master Pan Scale Tuning XG MessagesSupport XG System On All Parameter Reset (XG Reset) Channel Type Change Master Volume Master Fine Tuning Master Coarse Tuning Scale Tuning MetaSupport Track Sequence Number End Of Track Tempo Time Signature Key Signature Sequencer-Specific [selected]
Supported platforms Android 10 (API level 29) and higher Android TV 10 (API level 29) and higher *BSD (mainly FreeBSD 12.2 and higher) iOS 15 and higher iPadOS 15 and higher Linux (distributions) macOS 12 Monterey and higher Steam Deck tvOS 15 and higher UWP Desktop UWP Xbox Series X/S Windows 11 Windows 10 Platforms Available as Steam Deck, UWP, Windows Compiled static library (.lib) Android, Android TV, *BSD, iOS, iPadOS, Linux, macOS, Steam Deck, tvOS Compiled static library (.a) Supported types of activity Android Native Activity
Frequently asked questions
- Which versions of Matali Physics SDK include the proVitamin sound bank?
- According to the license agreement between Komires Sp. z o.o. and PinkNoise Stúdió, the proVitamin sound bank is included with Matali Physics SDK 6.0 and higher.
- In what format is the proVitamin sound bank available?
- The proVitamin sound bank is available in our internal format for use with Matali Physics SDK only.
- Can I use another sound bank in my game instead of the proVitamin sound bank included with Matali Physics SDK?
- Yes of course. Please remember however that your sound bank must be available in DLS format and you must have the bank's author(s) license to add such bank directly to your game. Due to the poor quality, often unclear origin and license of many sound banks available for free in the Internet, we recommend using the proVitamin sound bank included with Matali Physics SDK.
- Please write me more about the quality of the rendered MIDI music. Can I use it in modern commercial games?
- Absolutely! Matali Synth offers advanced, studio-quality, hardware-independent, real-time rendering of music imported from standard MIDI files to make your commercial games stand out from the crowd and always deliver the same amazing music experience to players across platforms. With Matali Synth your commercial game will behave as if it communicating with a professional sound synthesizer device with a guaranteed sound bank, regardless of the hardware platform.
- Does Matali Synth provide real-time MIDI music rendering on all supported platforms?
- Yes. Real-time MIDI music rendering is available on all supported platforms.