Modules Matali Games
Overview of Matali Games module
Matali Games is an advanced, modern, multi-platform, high-performance intermediate layer for Matali Physics environment. This layer allows Matali Physics Core to communicate with other modules, and defines applications of the environment.
• Full multi-platform C++ source code • Unified input (keyboard, pointer (including mouse), gamepad, touchscreen (including multi-touch support)) • Smooth input switching while application is running • Advanced physics-based GUI examples with text localization • Advanced examples of object orientation control in 3D space • Advanced examples of enemy health bars • Flashlight mode • Virtual sky object strategy support • Windowed bug information system • Supports the optimized multi-platform app programming model • Provided as sets of projects dedicated to specific applications Platforms Projects Set Name Application Role All supported platforms Matali Physics Game Computer games Presentation of simple and advanced functionalities of Matali Physics in a real game environment. The starting point for the design of your dream commercial computer game, as well as a hands-on learning resource.
Supported platforms Android 10 (API level 29) and higher Android TV 10 (API level 29) and higher *BSD (mainly FreeBSD 12.2 and higher) iOS 15 and higher iPadOS 15 and higher Linux (distributions) macOS 12 Monterey and higher Steam Deck tvOS 15 and higher UWP Desktop UWP Xbox Series X/S Windows 11 Windows 10 Platforms Available as All supported platforms The complete sets of projects dedicated to supported platforms and IDEs (with full specific and shared C++ source code), which can then be compiled into executable files
Frequently asked questions
- Could you please explain to me in more detail what is Matali Games?
- Matali Games are the complete sets of projects dedicated to supported platforms and IDEs (with full specific and shared C++ source code), which can then be compiled into executable files. Matali Games currently consists of Matali Physics Game set. This set you can use as starting point for the design of your dream commercial computer game, as well as a hands-on learning resource.
- How easy is it to create content procedural with Matali Games?
- Most of Matali Physics Game scenes are procedurally generated in C++ code (including animations). The full C++ Matali Physics Game source code is included in the Matali Physics SDK, so creating such content is relatively easy based on the provided examples.
- I have Matali Physics SDK and would like to compile Matali Physics Game for Linux. What should I do?
- Our preferred approach is: first install one of the Linux distributions (we recommend Kubuntu 20.04 or higher), e.g. on an additional partition next to the Windows. Then install Apache NetBeans 12.1 or higher on Linux and configure it for C++. In Apache NetBeans, open Matali Physics Game project for Linux included in the SDK and compile it to executables.
- I read that Manjaro Linux is recommended for Steam Deck development. Do I need to use Manjaro Linux to compile Matali Physics Game for Steam Deck?
- No. We recommend Kubuntu 20.04 or higher.
- What is the situation with source code and modifications? Do any of your licenses include source code? And if so, are there any restrictions to the types of modifications I can make?
- Matali Physics SDK contains full C++ Matali Games source code regardless of the license type (Indie, Micro, Business). The source code of Matali Games (i.e. currently Matali Physics Game set) you can freely modify and use in your commercial games created with Matali Physics SDK.
- Does Matali Games support GUI text localization?
- Yes. Physics-based GUI examples with text localization are available from version 6.0 of the environment.
- How fast does Matali Physics Game compile on mid-range hardware? The question is about a complete release build of the entire project for Windows.
- On mid-range PC hardware, it takes about 20s to rebuild the entire project for Windows. This is the average value of measurements on several hardware configurations.
- I would like to create and sell extensions or components for Matali Physics Game. Is it possible?
- In this case, please contact us.