Modules Matali Sound
Overview of Matali Sound module
Matali Sound is an advanced, modern, multi-platform, high-performance sound engine. Matali Sound is a part of Matali Physics environment.
Sound APIsSupport X3DAudio OpenAL OpenSL ES Core Audio • Advanced management of sound sources • Unlimited number of sound sources • Spatial placement of sound sources • Priorities for sounds • Global sound volume control • Advanced management of various types of sound groups identifying selected motion characteristics of object
• Advanced management of sound listeners • Unlimited number of sound listeners • Spatial placement of sound listeners
• Creating the illusion of a sound coming from a point in 3D space • Processing independent of the sound APIs
• Unlimited number of sound streams • Support for audio data codecs • Support for audio data synthesizers
Supported platforms Android 10 (API level 29) and higher Android TV 10 (API level 29) and higher *BSD (mainly FreeBSD 12.2 and higher) iOS 14 and higher iPadOS 14 and higher Linux (distributions) macOS 11 Big Sur and higher Steam Deck tvOS 14 and higher UWP Desktop UWP Xbox Series X/S Windows 11 Windows 10 Platforms Available as Steam Deck, UWP, Windows Compiled static library (.lib) Android, Android TV, *BSD, iOS, iPadOS, Linux, macOS, Steam Deck, tvOS Compiled static library (.a) Supported types of activity Android Native Activity
Frequently asked questions
- Can I add my own audio codec to Matali Physics?
- Yes. Please analyze Matali Sound and Matali Synth integration provided in Matali Games.
- Are the played sounds positioned in 3d space?
- Yes, Matali Sound fully supports the positioning of sounds in 3D space.
- Do you provide examples of switching between multiple audio streams?
- Of course, Matali Games includes a rich set of use-cases for switching between multiple audio streams.
- I have uncompressed .wav files. Can I stream such files as background music?
- Yes, in addition to using codecs and synthesizers, you can also stream uncompressed .wav file data.